Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back in Seattle

After a long drive we are back safe in Seattle. What a great race!

We unofficially came in 19th. The official results should be posted on the race website in a week. I will post them here once I have them. Just the fact that we were able to run the race continuously for 24 hours without a single mechanical or bodily breakdown is great by me.

Here is a video of Scott coming into the second check point on the last lap:



This has been a challenging but great experience. We are all extremely exhausted, but proud that we faced this challenge and finished. Getting out of the RV at 3:45am to get back on the bike and pound out a lap (in the dark) made me want to give up. but, now I am glad that I stuck it out!

Also, something should be said for the reliability of our machines. This terrain would destroy many types of vehicles within a few miles. But, mile after mile, our KTM racing machines never gave us any trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Good job finishing! Glad everyone is safe and cheers to your KTM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is an impressive ride. you guys must be dead.

    ReplyDelete