Saturday, October 31, 2009

14 hours to go... and our first setback

Just got back in from my third lap and scarfed down some dinner. I made the unfortunate error of not getting my night racing lights dialed in before starting that last lap. It was light out when I started.... and got dark within the first 20-30 minutes. This slowed my progress to a crawl as I could only see 10-20 feet in front of the front fender.

Due to this we lost two places are back at 22nd. This is a good example of how lack of preparation and constancy can be bad news.

Now we fight to gain those places back.

2 comments:

  1. Ok... So with day light savings does that mean an extra hour of racing?? Hope the racers & pit crew (aka Tina) have a safe night. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year they are doing 10am to 9am.. which is 24 hours due to the day light savings.

    ReplyDelete